Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

poly!verse

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: poly!verse   Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Kat: *nods* and Josh would try his best to make it not a big deal. He'd be like, "Hey, so I have spent like... half the summer so far over at your house, and I'm comfortable with where we're at, so I was wondering if you wanted to come over this weekend, and we can spend the day in the city and you can meet my dad."
Ells: RJ would be kind of caught off guard. "I thought you said you wanted to...you know. Wait on that."
Kat: "To be honest with you, the part that's scary for me isn't really you meeting my dad, it's more having to explain why like a third of our house is locked off."
Ells: RJ thinks about that for a second. "You don't have to, you know. If it's locked, it's locked."
Kat: Josh nods. "I know. That's honestly half the reason that I'm comfortable inviting you there. You aren't going to pry, even though you've probably worked some out for yourself by now. If I wanted to put off telling you, you wouldn't raise a fuss."
Ells: "I get that it's just you and your dad, but you mentioned another set of grandparents, so. If you wanted to talk about it, you would."
Kat: Josh nods. "Yeah. My maternal grandparents live in Colorado, but I haven't really seen them since my mom died." Josh wants to get the words out there, because RJ won't press, but the longer Josh puts off telling RJ, the harder it's going to get for him to actually get the words out there. "She was an only child, and her parents never really liked my dad anyway, so they dealt with it by just kind of cutting contact."
Ells: RJ kind of figured that's what it was. There's just a different way people talk when a parent takes off and doesn't come back or something like that. "I'm sorry," he says simply. "I don't get why they wouldn't want to keep in touch with you even if they didn't like your dad. You're kind of...all they've got left, yeah?"
Kat: "You'd think so, yeah. I don't quite know. Dad says it's probably because I remind them too much of her, and it's painful for them, but I don't really know them well enough to say if that's the case or not."
Ells: "I guess that makes sense. It still sucks, though. Can I...can I ask how old you were?"
Kat: "Almost 12. It happened early in sixth grade."
Ells: "Wow. Okay. So that's. You remember her well." RJ feels... out of his depth, a little.
Kat: "Yeah. I mean, as well as I could, really. She was diagnosed with MS a while before she had me, so near the end, she really wasn't much herself."
Ells: RJ swallows. "I can get why it'd be hard to tell someone about that, yeah."
Kat: "Yeah," Josh agrees. "It's not. And it's not really something I usually like to dump on people, either, since it's kind of heavy, and, like... what do you say to that? It's an uncomfortable situation all-around. But I figured you should at least know what you're in for. There will probably be at least one moment when my dad stares at you all saddish and says that my mother would've loved you, and things might get a bit uncomfortable."
Ells: "I don't mind that it's heavy. Not everything can be sunshine all the time. But you're right, I don't know what to say. I'm not excited about you guys being sad, but... if your dad thinks your mom would've liked me, that's a good thing. That's something he'd know best and it's... better than the alternative."
Kat: "Oh," Josh says, shaking his head, "You wouldn't even need my dad to be able to tell you that. My mom would have loved you. You're her kind of person."
Ells: RJ smiles a little, not half as wide or as bright as usual because it'd feel wrong in the moment. "Yeah? That makes sense, since apparently I'm your kind of person, too."
Kat: "You're definitely my kind of person," Josh says, smiling a little, "and you definitely would've been hers. My mother was a very, very big personality, and she liked lots of people with big personalities. My dad was somewhat of an exception, actually, but they were together since her sophomore and his senior year of high school, so no one questioned it. She always knew exactly what she wanted, and she was always right."
Ells: "Oh," RJ says, blinking. "So they were... he was older than her. Like us." He feels awkward right after he says it because THEY GOT MARRIED good lord but it's what came to him.
Kat: "Yup," Josh says. "He was the vice president of the debate club, and she... my mother had flings when it came to what she was interested in, and she decided her sophomore year that her life's ambition was to be a politician. It lasted all of four months before she decided that politics was too messy and corrupt for her, but she met my dad at the first debate club meeting and that was it, for her."
Ells: "And it worked. She must've been...wow. That's kind of amazing."
Kat: "She was a muggle, too. Just a very clever, gutsy, intuitive muggle."
Ells: "I dunno," RJ says, because this is something he's thought about. "Nobody knows where magic comes from, right? I think there's something magic about people like that, just... different. Or else you wouldn't have turned out the way you have."
Kat: Josh kind of looks at him for a second. "What do you mean?"
Ells: "About you or about magic?"
Kat: "Both."
Ells: "I guess... I don't know. I think there are a lot of muggles more magic than people who can actually cast spells and skip around. Being awesome like that, getting what you want without having it handed to you, that stuff is a lot more special and rare than being able to turn the light out from your bed. You can get one of those clapping things for that. I'd rather have that kind of magic than the kind they teach us at school."
Kat: Josh smiles at him. "My mom was pretty magical, even as a muggle. I sometimes suspect that maybe she knew more than she let on, and that maybe she actually knew that I was magic in a concrete way. Every time I landed myself at home with another note from the teacher about me being found up on the roof of the school building again when all the doors to get up there were locked, she would just smile down at me and tell me that I was special and that next time, I should try to avoid getting caught. She never asked me for an explanation, and she never tried to make excuses to my principal. It drove them crazy."
Ells: "The roof. That definitely sounds like you." RJ laughs. "I don't know how anyone could've /not/ known you had magic. It's kind of," he waves vaguely around Josh, "everywhere. It's really cool that she was so cool about it though. Seems like most parents would freak."
Kat: "I spent a lot of time on my grade school building roof. Sometimes I didn't even know how I got there, I just knew that I wanted to be away from everyone else, and I'd end up there. There was legitimately nothing my mother couldn't take in stride, though. My dad had no idea that I was magic. He just thought I was a handful. He pretty much wanted to strangle me in like... third and fourth grade, because that's when I realized how bad things were getting with Mom, but no one would tell me exactly what was going on, so I was freaked out and full of nervous energy and my magic leaked a lot and acted out and I was causing all sorts of trouble I didn't even want to be causing, and when it caused more serious issues, he had to take time off work to come straighten things out."
Ells: "Someone should've told you. I mean, obviously that was their call, but if it was making things so much worse…"
Kat: "Yeah," Josh says, "although maybe they didn't feel like they had to keep that close of tabs on me? I had some magic, but I never really did anything destructive with it. The most harm I did with it ever was the time I accidentally melted a recycling bin and destroyed some girl's backpack."
Ells: "A recycling...yeah, you were a handful, alright." RJ is smiling again. "I don't think my magic even did anything when I was a kid. Not the way Mari's did, at least, and I can't really remember the time before Lourdes and Javi were going to FH." He realizes he's talking about himself and backpedals, because that /definitely/ feels inappropriate at the moment. "Doesn't seem like your dad wants go strangle you anymore, at least."
Kat: "Nah," Josh says. "My dad actually tends to be pretty chill, for the most part, and very on top of things. He probably wouldn't even have minded as much if he weren't under so much stress at the time. When he was dealing with medical bills and mom being sick and already ridiculous hours... he didn't even realize that it was my magic and that it wasn't under my control at the time. He thought I was just being a brat. It was understandable that he was frustrated with me."
Ells: "Yeah, but it was a rough time for you, too. Even if you were just being a brat, that's like... a totally normal reaction when scary stuff's going on."
Kat: "But, see, the difference is that mom handled a lot of that stuff before, back when she was well enough, and so he knew I was a handful, but not really the extent of it. So he didn't quite realize that it was more or that it was worse. He just knew that I was causing trouble, just like I always had, and I didn't seem to be stopping. He was never mean about it or anything, he was just really frustrated, and I could tell."
Ells: RJ frowns. "So it was just hard all around. That really sucks, Josh."
Kat: Josh shrugs. "It was what it was, you know? You were saying something else about my magic, though, before. Before you started talking about how awesome my mom was."
Ells: RJ totally just straight up looks away. "I was?"
Kat: "You said that there was something magical about my mom, or I wouldn't have turned out the way I did."
Ells: "Oh." He doesn't turn back to Josh. "Yeah. She had to have been. You got... like, you got both. All the crazy bin-melting magic /and/ the other kind."
Kat: Josh frowns. He doesn't know what to do with that. "My mother was a force of nature, and I can see how you could say she has the other kind, but... I don't really follow you. On me."
Ells: And /that/ sure gets RJ to turn around and face Josh. "Dude," he says incredulously, and for the moment that's really all he's got because he's not actually sure he can explain it. (I just realized this is basically a very young RJ acknowledging Josh's muchness)
Kat: (I realized that as well. Also, this feels really weird, because I've been writing so much older and more secure Josh in the last few days, that writing this insecure Josh who has such a low opinion of himself feels really bizarre)
Ells: (time and patience! And nudity.)
Kat: "Um... Yes?" Josh just kind of fidgets uncomfortably.
Ells: I think RJ can tell he's made Josh uncomfortable, but he also feels responsible to say SOMETHING now that he's brought it up. "There's... you've got more going on than you know, I think. Because I didn't even know your mom. I'm just guessing about her because I'm sure about you."
Kat: That makes Josh even more uncomfortable. "Right," he says, but it's obvious he doesn't believe a word RJ just said and he's just trying not to be confrontational
Ells: That frustrates RJ a lot. "Look, you saw a lot more of Mari this summer, right? What she's like when she's not shoving me at people."
Kat: "Yeah," Josh says slowly.
Ells: "I grew up with her. She's always been like that. Throwing herself - and other people - at stuff, making something out of nothing in a good way, and. She's just got a lot going on. It's like she's always bubbling over."
Kat: Josh can definitely agree with that. "I've always liked that about her a lot."
Ells: "So I would know a lot about that, yeah? Because we were partners in crime and we're really close and I was there to kiss her on the forehead when she was born."
Kat: "Definitely." Josh finds it hard not to just be very fond of RJ when he talks about Mari.
Ells: "Okay," RJ says, and he nods firmly. "Then I know what I'm talking about. That's what it's like, being around you. You're not much alike, otherwise, but everything about you is always just. Bubbling over. Too much for one person."
Kat: "Oh." Josh... doesn't know how to disagree with that. The way RJ was describing Josh didn't feel right to him, but RJ didn't say that Josh was definitively that way, just that he felt that way to RJ. "Thank you? That... sounds like a good thing."
Ells: "Of course it's a good thing," RJ says. "Or I'd have killed my sister by now."
Kat: "And she's definitely not dead."
Ells: "Nope. Alive and terrorizing people as usual."
Kat: Josh just... has no idea what to say about any of this and he feels uncomfortable and so he just kind of smiles and leaves it at that.
Ells: "Anyway. Yeah, I'd like to come see New York and meet your dad. Now that I know he was in my boat once and won't kick my ass for being older than you."
Kat: "My dad isn't really much the ass-kicking sort, anyway," Josh says. "But he knows about the age difference, anyway, and he hasn't really batted an eye about it, so I wouldn't be too worried."
Ells: "I feel like even the mildest man would kick some ass for his only son if he needed to," RJ says thoughtfully. "But that's good."
Kat: "He probably could if he had to," Josh decides, "but I can't imagine it at all."
Ells: "Not all ass-kicking is physical anyway. But yeah. If he's cool with and you're cool with it, I'd like that. Since you might as well be a member of my family by now."
Kat: Josh smiles. "I kind of talk about you a lot. If he had an issue with you, he would've said something by now. And he's been fussing at me for holding out and not letting him meet you."
Ells: "So what made you stop holding out on him? This mean I'm in the clear?"
Kat: Josh nods. "You're in the clear. I decided that it was starting to get stupid and that dragging it out wouldn't make it any easier."
Ells: "Well. I'm glad. Now I just get to drive myself crazy about how I'm supposed to act."
Kat: "Like an RJ," Josh says unhelpfully.
Ells: RJ gives him a withering look. "Thanks. I'm totally not nervous now."
Kat: "Just don't like... sit there and talk about blowing me at the dinner table and you'll be fine."
Ells: "You sure? He might have something to say about my technique." He's grinning.
Kat: "I don't even know what to do with you," Josh says, grinning widely.
Ells: "I could think of a few things," RJ says, lifting his eyebrows, grin widening.
Kat: "Oh? What kind of things?" Josh is totally going with this now.
Ells: "Well, if we're going to go over my technique with your dad, we might need a little review."
Kat: "Hmm, I would say so."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: poly!verse   Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:07 pm

Ells: speaking of??????? I love yous. this has occurred to me multiple times I just hadn't brought it up
Kat: I just... this isn't a 'verse where it would be casual, at all, is it?
Ells: I don't even know how it /could/ be, you know?
Kat: There is legitimately no way
Ells: RJ's never said that to someone before. Not seriously to anyone outside his family.
Kat: Josh has never said it in the romantic sense
Ells: Wow oh wow. *pats them*
Kat: So just blurting it out? Not going to really cut it
Ells: I mean. I have this feeling that RJ is going to know what he's feeling and mostly just have a semi-permanent lump in his throat about it. He's wary to say it because he thinks Josh might say it back.
Kat: He's wary because he thinks Josh might say it back??
Ells: Yeah.
Kat: Why?
Ells: He doesn't want it to be a reflex thing, or for Josh to feel pressured to say it back. He's also still hung up on the 'Josh is really young and he's never been with anyone and what if he says it because he just /thinks/ he does'
Kat: Would it be better for Josh to say it first, then?
Ells: I guess that's just gonna depend on timing. *pokes around in brain for earliest appearance of I love you so far*
Kat: I know they definitely say it after the subspace incident
Ells: Yep, that's where my mind went.
Ells: it's very clearly something they're accustomed to at that point because RJ says it back very easily and means it and doesn't even have a second of hesitance or doubt when Josh says it
Kat: Yeah. I'm not finding it anywhere else. So it's clearly a while before the subspace happens or else they say it frequently enough after that it becomes easier for RJ to say casually
Ells: And the subspace is post-nudity, and nudity is probably established decently early-ish RJ's fifth year because it's a proper routine before he leaves for college
Kat: I feel like some stuff... like, honestly, I place first time sex as not long post-nudity, which is one of the reasons it feels even huger for me. I place subspace at a point where nudity is starting to become more ritual.
Kat: Josh saying it first y/n?
Ells: looks like it, yeah
Kat: I just got in my head the mental image of Josh doing it while they're alone at RJ's house for the day near the end of the summer. And he sets his alarm really, really early (for him) and he skips over to RJ's place before RJ wakes up, and he sits down in the kitchen. He's worked out what he can make for RJ without setting the house on fire, and it boils down to bacon and omelettes. So he makes that and he knocks on RJ's door before magicking it open and going in (because otherwise, he probably would've spilled something and made a huge mess) and he's like, "I come bearing food."
Ells: And RJ goes straight to pulling himself up in bed, even though he's all bleary-eyed and confused, because food and Josh. One or the other....eh, coulda stayed down. Both requires getting at least sort of up. "What?" he asks, feeling dumb.
Kat: Josh keeps the food afloat with magic while he plops down onto the edge of RJ's bed. "I made you food. Which I promise won't get you sick, I can actually do this much on my own, shockingly enough."
Ells: RJ looks over at his alarm clock, which he doesn't actually set at all in the summer. "Why are you even awake? Did you sleep?"
Kat: Josh laughs. "Less than usual, yeah, but I did sleep."
Ells: RJ seems to take a second to run through all the information while he's still sleep-foggy. "Okay," he says after a while. "Wow. Thank you. It smells really good."
Kat: Josh grins. "I should hope so. You're looking at one of like... five or six things I can actually cook well."
Ells: "That's five or six more than Mari," RJ jokes, smiling at him. "Seriously, though, what are you doing? I didn't even know you were coming."
Kat: "I wanted it to be a surprise, so of course you didn't know I was coming."
Ells: "Surprise breakfast in bed. That's better than my mom, even. She used to do this, but only on my birthday."
Kat: "Well," Josh hedges, "It isn't entirely a casual thing, for me, today." He's so nervous, poor thing
Ells: "Hmm?" RJ has literally no idea what that's supposed to mean.
Kat: "Sometimes you want to say things and you'll think they'll go over better when paired with food?" Josh says. And then he takes a breath because this is terrifying, but he'll freak RJ out if he leaves it there, so he decides to take the plunge and keep talking. "It's just that we've been together for a while now, and you make me really, really happy. Like, stupidly happy. And I love you."
Ells: RJ goes wide-eyed. "You..." He almost wants to ask Josh to run that by him again, but he could tell on the first go that Josh was trying to kind of get it over with, so he doesn't want to make him actually say it again. "Like....like /in/ love with me?"
Kat: Josh nods. "Like, in love with you."
Ells: "Are you sure?" He immediately feels like a dick for asking, but it's his knee-jerk reaction. "I mean, you don't have to say that just because we've been together a while, or whatever. I don't...I didn't /expect/ it."
Kat: Josh just kind of stares at him. "That isn't something I would ever say because I thought I should or because I thought you expected it."
Ells: "Oh." RJ pales a little at that. "I've never...no one's ever said that to me."
Kat: Josh bites his lip, because this is definitely not how he wanted this to go. RJ looks like he's seen a ghost and Josh is trying hard not to let himself freak out. "Well, now someone has, and they meant it, too."
Ells: Everything is starting to catch up to RJ. He's still wide-eyed and a little spooked, but that's something he can handle. "Me too. I mean, I...didn't wanna say anything. Because I never said it before, either, and because I didn't want to... I didn't want it to be weird. For you." He realizes he's babbling a little. "But I do. I am. In love... with you."
Kat: It's amazing just how much hearing that calms Josh down. He beams at RJ and leans in to kiss him on the cheek. "Definitely not weird for me."
Ells: "Just for me, then," RJ says, and he's still just kind of blown out of the water by it. "You were right, this needed food."
Kat: Josh nods sagely. "I knew it would. I am magical that way."
Ells: RJ would normally give him a Look, because he's one of those that calls people with magic out on saying 'magical' about stuff, but he's not in the right frame of mind for it. "Whoa," he says.
Kat: "What?"
Ells: "Still on the 'in love' thing. Wow."
Kat: "Yeah," Josh agrees, because now that he knows RJ loves him, too, and he's not freaking out about rejection, it's easier for him to acknowledge just how huge this is. "It's... yeah. Wow is a good word."
Ells: "I feel like this was kinda fast," RJ admits. "But I don't actually have anything to compare it to."
Kat: "Me either," Josh agrees. "But I think it's one of those kind of things that works at its own pace, anyway? I think too fast would be like... if I tried to tell you the second time we talked, or something ridiculous like that, it would just be bullshit. But I've thought this through a lot, and I'm very sure about it, so even though it might be a bit fast, it's something I'm certain about."
Ells: "Yeah. I probably would've bolted if you'd been one of those guys who changes his facebook relationship status and talks about how ]in love] he is in like the first week."
Kat: "Oh god," Josh says, wincing. "Yeah, that's nothing you ever had to worry about from me. There's no way I ever could've done that."
Ells: "I was never worried about that from you. Mostly I was worried if I threw the big L word into the ring, you'd just kind of say it back without thinking about it."
Kat: "I might've done that," Josh admits. "Which could've been really bad."
Ells: "It seemed better to just not say anything. Didn't seem likely to bother you to think I wasn't in love if you weren't either."
Kat: Josh slips his shoes off and slides into RJ's bed next to him. "But now we've both said it and it didn't end mortifyingly and you have food."
Ells: "And you in my bed," RJ says, a little bit of his usual cheek coming back. "I'd say that's a damn good start to a day."
Kat: Josh grins and kisses RJ on the cheek. "Good. That's what I was trying for."
Ells: RJ goes to properly kiss him and then backs up, laughing. "I haven't even brushed my teeth yet."
Kat: Josh leans in and kisses him anyway.
Ells: RJ keeps it brief, pulling away and wrinkling his nose. "Gross. You really /do/ love me."
Kat: Josh grins. "Yup," he says, popping his p in RJ's ear
Ells: "Well," RJ says, refocusing on the food. "If you let me finish eating and brush my teeth... it won't be breakfast in bed, but I'm sure I can figure out a way to show you the feeling's mutual."
Kat: Josh grins. "Sounds like a plan to me."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: poly!verse   Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Ells: Now I am curious about marriage because here's the thing. I think in AU it's super duper important to RJ as, like, a life milestone. Josh is graduating, they're both big boys now, neither of them's going anywhere, it's time to get married. It's like 'yep settling down together'. But like....they are settled down together. They've been together eight years by the time RJ would've been proposing had this been AU, you know? And something like that could go either way. It could be something that happens early because what's the point waiting around, or it could be something that gets put off for a while because really, what's the rush? It's not going to change anything emotionally or living-arrangement-wise or whatever, it's just technicality stuff.
Kat: I feel like with Josh it tends towards the "what's the rush?" option.
Ells: what are his thoughts on using it as a mile marker when RJ's done with baseball?
Kat: He's completely okay with that
Ells: Like...I feel like for RJ, he sees marriage as being more than commitment to love each other, here in this 'verse. Chris and Mari are committed to love each other and they're /never/ getting married. He and Josh have been in love basically forever. The way he sees it, if he waits until he's finished with baseball, it's like a commitment to be what he couldn't be when he was gone so much. To treat Josh exactly the same when he sees him every day as he did when it might be a while in between, to never take him for granted, to not let them slide into a routine that will end up dull and lifeless and meaningless. It's his promise that things will get even better and deeper and /more/ exciting for them, fuck all that 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' noise. They've done absence. Now they're going to see how much room they have to grow when they can have each other all the time.
Ells: Love of a lifetime, man. Can you imagine if he never says all that stuff to Josh but then spools it out in his vows?
Kat: Oh my god. Josh very well might start fucking tearing up

Kat: also gsefsbgefxvrxvfdcs I just realized how perfect it is that Josh tells RJ he likes him when JOSH IS SHIRTLESS
Ells: kehujwdkm yeah that's perf

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: poly!verse   Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Kat: I was sitting there thinking about Josh getting asked about how he and RJ got together in an interview. I kind of only halfway did it, though, because I pictured RJ being there but can't write RJ xD
It starts with the interviewer asking and then Josh laughs and turns to RJ.  "Should I tell the boring version or the real version?"
Ells: And of course RJ can't bear boring anything
Kat: And Josh grins. "So, once upon a time, I was this little eighth grader. Or, well, at my school, I was a first-year, but for most of America, that'd be an eighth grader.  And I moved from New York City to a five-year boarding school in the middle of Virginia, and I didn't know anyone, so I ended up joining the GSA at my school, because I was out for ages by then.  So I made some friends there, and one of them convinced me to go to one of the first few events, right?  So, I go, and it's a mixer, and I walk in, and this guy," he points at RJ, "was there."  He pauses to see if RJ has anything to throw in
Ells: "I was everywhere," RJ says, almost a defense. "It would've been hard not to run into me eventually."
Kat: "He wasn't even GSA.  He just had friends there.  He had friends /everywhere/."
Ells: He shrugs and grins. "I was a /friendly/ guy."
Kat: "Anyway," Josh says, "So I see him from across the room, and he was stupidly hot.  Like, he didn't have any of this muscle, but he was STILL stupidly hot.  Like, butterflies in the stomach, doing the whole "trying hard not to look at him because if you look at him then he'll notice you noticing him" for the first half of the night thing."
Ells: "Which, in your defense, was not an unusual reaction back then."
Kat: "RJ here was the stupidly unfair fourth-year that everyone wanted."
Ells: "Not /everyone/."
Kat: "Pretty much everyone." Josh says certainly.  "Anyway, so I was doing the pretending not to notice him thing so well that I actually didn't notice when he ended up talking to someone right behind me.  And I turn around, and his little sister literally pushes him at me and says, "Hi, meet Ruben."
Ells: And RJ groans that same pained groan from when it happens. "Which was the brattiest thing she'd done in...well, in like twenty minutes, Mari was pretty much a brat. I don't think she even /knew/ Josh, she just sort of pushed us at each other."
Kat: "I'm pretty sure the entire time we were talking, my face never dipped below tomato red, and RJ wasn't even paying attention because he was so hung up on her introducing him as Ruben."
Ells: "Because that's /not my name/. I mean, it is, but it's bad enough when my /older/ sister calls me that. I totally noticed your tomato face though. Wouldn't have been polite to point it out."
Kat: "You were very insistent on me not calling you Ruben.  Very insistent."
Ells: "And you didn't. So thanks."
Kat: "But anyway, that was it.  We talked like... five minutes and parted ways and that was it."
Ells: "Except that's literally never it when it comes to me."
Kat: Josh grins.  "I talked for half of that time about some stupid test or something.  I don't even remember what class it was for anymore, but RJ remembered."
Ells: "Bennett," RJ says smoothly, because it's easier than sorting out class stuff - he can't say Potions and some people might be like 'chem in eighth grade?!'. "Who was an actual horror to have class with."
Kat: "And so, like... a week later, I run into him around campus, and he asked how the test went and all and I didn't even expect him to remember my name."
Ells: "And he gets all flustered and starts running his mouth at me, on autopilot I guess."
Kat: "Rambling is kind of my natural state of existence, and I was /always/ flustered around him, so that was pretty much par for the course."
Ells: "It was hilarious," RJ says, addressing it to the interviewer, but he turns to Josh and smiles after. "And so I kept doing it and we got to be friends, same way I made all my other friends away from the team."
Kat: "And I had developed the most ridiculous crush on him," Josh says, "completely unsurprisingly.  He was funny and interesting and attractive and when he was talking to you, it felt like you were pretty much the most important person ever.  He was always very laser-focus-y."
Ells: RJ laughs at him, because that part of it all always makes him laugh. He's never really thought of himself that way. "And for my part, I was pretty much in denial that I was purposely making this kid blush and babble at me. Because he was way too young for me, right? So I was pretending I treated him the same way I did everyone else. Got myself pretty convinced for a little while there."
Kat: "He had me pretty convinced, too," Josh admits, "though that was largely because, to me at the time, the idea of any dude really being interested in me, let alone one of the most attractive ones in the school, seemed pretty ridiculous."
Ells: "Which was dumb," RJ says very matter-of-factly. "Because even before I would admit /I/ was looking, I noticed someone else was too."
Kat: "I was a bit of a moron," Josh says.  "It took me a while to grow out of it."
Ells: RJ snorts. "More like I took care of that for you. Anyway, I was perfectly happy in denial until there was this /party/."
Kat: "Which I conveniently don't remember," Josh says gleefully.
Ells: "Because you were absolutely, 100% wasted. And shirtless."
Kat: "It was my first time ever getting drunk, and I learned the hard way that my version of drunk tends to be blackout."
Ells: "I don't know who let you drink, anyway," RJ says, shaking his head disapprovingly. "So he flops down on the couch next to me, and we start talking. About where his shirt went, and easy stuff like that at first, but we ended up sidetracked into....well. His nonexistent love life, I guess."
Kat: "A girl spilled on me, by the way," Josh cuts in, "or that's what I was informed.  She spilled on me and said she would clean it and I should give her my number so she could get it back to me.  Apparently, my shirt was already in her hands by the time I realized I couldn't remember my own cell phone number."
Ells: "Did you ever get that shirt back?"
Kat: "Nope.  Some random girl who went to my high school could very well still have my old shirt from my first year."
Ells: "She's probably using it as a pillowcase," RJ jokes. "But yeah, he apparently thought he was 'hopeless' and nobody would ever be into him, and I just couldn't let him keep believing that, so I kind of....implied that someone was. He was remarkably perceptive for a drunk."
Kat: "Pretty sure what RJ means that I knew he meant /he/ was into me.  Or, at least, I guessed very well."
Ells: "And then he got...uh, very forward."
Kat: "Whoops?" Josh says sheepishly.
Ells: "So I made some kind of excuse and got the hell out of there before it could get too much worse for me."
Kat: "Apparently, when I was drunk, it seemed like a perfectly reasonable thing to jump from 'someone likes you' to 'do you hypothetically want to have sex with me'.  I hardly blame him."
Ells: "Especially because even letting sex cross my mind in relation to him was basically my cue to distract myself with something else right then. I mean, he was fourteen."
Kat: "So he ran off, and my best friend Seth got me home, and my roommate, who hated me already, glared at me and complained as I spent half the night puking.  I remember the puking and the glaring."
Ells: "And I pretty much thought he remembered everything else, so when I was checking up on his epic hangover the next morning, it was super awkward."
Kat: "I didn't even remember that I had talked to him.  I didn't even remember him being /there/."
Ells: "And I somehow managed to make it clear that something weird happened, but not what, and I kept accidentally bringing it up. I cannot keep a secret for my life."
Kat: "And finally I broke and asked him what had happened, because he kept bringing up this conversation we had when I was drunk, and it was usually not in a positive way, and I just kept worrying that I had done something tremendously stupid, because he'd always get freaked out and go back to dodging the topic."
Ells: "I've literally never seen someone so embarrassed as when I told him. Like, I was waiting for him to just go fall over in some bushes and not come back. I probably could've skipped the part about him asking whether I wanted to sleep with him, but once I got started talking..."
Kat: "I'm pretty sure there's no other reaction you can have to that other than pure mortification."
Ells: "I was just as embarrassed, though, because it ended up pretty clear that my answer wasn't actually no. More like, 'Yes, but...'"
Kat: "We got to this point where we were faced with what to actually do with it, you know?  And he pretty much seemed to want to go back to pretending it didn't happen, so I said okay, even though I knew it wasn't going to end well."
Ells: "Yeah, that....it was pretty bad. I'm pretty much the worst kind of flirt, with /everyone/, but I kept catching myself and pulling back with him because I didn't wanna make it any weirder than it already was."
Kat: "But that just made it /weirder/. Because, by that point, I knew him well enough that I knew he flirted even with casual friends, and he had always done it with me, and now he was treating me fundamentally differently, and it was really, really uncomfortable."
Ells: "I hated it. Like, actually outright hated it because it was stupid but I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to stop talking to him."
Kat: "It eventually got to be too much, and so I was like, 'Nope, I can't do this anymore, this whole pretending it didn't happen thing is really shit and I hate it.'"
Ells: "So, if we weren't going to stop hanging out, and we couldn't keep pretending we weren't into each other..."
Kat: "We decided to give the dating thing a trial run."
Ells: "And sealed it with the only kiss I ever sat around making excuses /not/ to have. It was basically my turn to be flustered and freaked out."
Kat: "It was kind of my first kiss and we didn't want to do the awkward building-up thing with it."
Ells: "It really wasn't awkward once I stopped checking, like, twelve times that he was cool with it."
Kat: "So there you go," Josh says.  "That's the story.  In extreme detail."
Ells: "We've been together a stupidly long time," RJ says to Josh, like it only just occurred to him.
Kat: "It's pretty brilliant, isn't it?" Josh asks, grinning at RJ.
Ells: And RJ looks at him with dumbest, fondest face that it's actually a little embarrassing for anyone else to be witnessing. "Basically, yeah." *insert interviewer gagging or cooing based on feelings about gooey romance*
Kat: Josh snuggles up against him and the interviewer is totally cooing in my head and then they move onto the next question xD
(because, really, the interviewer would have to be an absolute sap to let them ramble on that long)

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: poly!verse   

Back to top Go down

poly!verse
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2