Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Sunsets and Car Crashes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Cal had been expecting the push since he had even mentioned the lake; it was just one of those things that was so Will that it couldn't NOT happen. He laughed and grabbed Will around his outstretched arms and pulled him in with him, trying his best to remember to hold his breath as they hit the water.

He came up gasping anyway, dripping from the nose and ears and feeling slightly grosser for the experience, but he was still laughing as he choked on the lakewater. "Is that really necessary every time?" he asked, slicking all of his hair out of his face and getting his bearings. They were still in the relatively shallow part of the lake and the bed squished in between his toes pleasantly. "I know the answer to that, but it's still worth asking."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Will was not entirely surprised to see himself dragged into the lake along with Cal. He was going to have to get in the lake somehow, so why not with a bang? Besides, he enjoyed the look on Cal's face as he reached for Will's arms, throwing him off-balance. Cal seemed completely triumphant, his momentary self-consciousness completely forgotten. He looked like himself, and (this being Cal), he almost looked completely at ease, like he had forgotten to watch the world waltz by and had actually remembered to live. He looked happy, and that in and of itself prevented Will from being indignant. That and the fact that Will enjoyed physical contact, which he was getting plenty of when Cal grabbed his wrists. Sure, it was Cal, so there was nothing behind it, but it was physical contact nonetheless.

Will quickly righted himself, and although he got a bit of water up his nose, he remained largely intact. Cal seemed a bit worse for the wear, but no less happy. "Of course it was," Will said, grinning from ear to ear. "It was really necessary this time and will always be really necessary. Someday, we'll both choke on dead fish in our watery blindness and die, but even then, it will have been necessary. We will have died a valiant death, and odes will be written over our watery graves!"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Cal grimaced, shaking his head. "Death by dead fish isn't valiant at all," he protested, already scanning around the banks for water plants. "And if they leave me in this lake after I die, I'm going to haunt them." Without waiting for an answer, he ducked under the water, slowly opening his eyes and scanning along the bottom for something useful, like gillyweed. When his lungful of air ran out, he popped back up, shaking his hair and flinging water everywhere like a drenched puppy. "And either way I'm definitely haunting you, because you'll definitely be the death of me one way or the other."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:57 pm

Will shook his head, grinning mischievously. "Death by dead fish is definitely valiant if I do it. I can make anything seem like going out with a bang, and you know it. It's just my natural charm." Will winked and went underwater. He would have attempted to kick water into Cal's face, but Cal was already underwater. When Cal started talking about haunting Will, Will's brain went in a dangerous direction, and his mouth started talking before his brain could stop it. "You just want to haunt me so you can see me naked, and we both know it," Will announced cheerfully, mostly kidding.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:17 pm

With eyes round as saucers, Cal simply stared at Will, feeling like a deer caught in headlights. He had to work at keeping his mouth closed so he didn't look even more stupid, but he honestly didn't know what to say back to something like that. Even seeing Will this undressed made him feel awkward, and naked was a whole new level of scary. He ducked under the water again for a moment, trying to act like he'd planned to do it in the first place, and thought for a second.

"Don't you wish," he muttered lamely when he surfaced, with what was hopefully a disdainful look on his face. "My mom calls that projecting. Don't try to make what you want into what I want."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:25 pm

As soon as the words left his mouth, Will knew they were the wrong ones. Cal's face exploded in confusion and surprise ducked underwater. Will shook his head. He had probably mortified the poor kid.

Cal's comment when he came back above water surprised Will a bit. Cal definitely looked uncomfortable, and his words came off as harsh. However, Will knew Cal well enough to know that beneath that was something else... possibly discomfort, possibly confusion. Will frowned. "Cal..." He stopped for a second. He was thinking his words through this time. He was NOT going to be a jerk.

"You know I didn't mean that. I'm just... I'm sorry, but you know how I am."

Will did not counter Cal's statement at all. He wasn't sure he honestly could.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:51 pm

It took a good several seconds to look Will in the eye, but Cal managed it, for the sake of not making a huge fuss over the thing. "Yeah, I know how you are. But you know how I am, too." All of his friends and even most of the other students were perfectly aware that Cal just...didn't think about that kind of thing. In fact, Will poked fun at him about it on a regular basis, so he had no excuse. "It's fine, though. Just....don't, okay?" He averted his eyes and hoped it would be over.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Will wanted to facepalm. However, he was not going to dwell on this. It was time to move on. Moping was not an option. He screwed up, oh well.

"You know, it's funny," Will said, thinking out loud. "You're one of the people I've known for the longest, but I feel like I know you the least. Izzy is not hard to figure out, and once you get Renee out of her shell, she's not tricky, either." He paused, considering how to proceed safely with his thought. "There are lots of things about you that never change. This is one of those things, and I should not have forgotten. But for me, everything's constantly changing, you know? Nothing stands still, and I think that sooner or later, you won't be an exception."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:35 pm

Cal considered what was being said for a long moment, rolling it over in his head a couple of times. It was true that he was a pretty steady person. He couldn't remember changing all that much since he'd started school, except maybe for when he'd made friends with his group. Heck, he didn't even change physically, no matter how annoying that was. "Of course I won't stand still. I'll graduate...get a job...all that stuff. But...I don't know why this would change. Seems like it would have already if it was going to." He wasn't exactly sure on that, since he was walking completely blind in that whole area, but it seemed to make sense. "It's not for everyone else's lack of trying, though. Why does everyone want me to be a hormonal idiot?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Will had to grin on that one. It was so typical Cal. "You know, you're not looking at this the right way, Cal. I don't want you to be the hormonal idiot. That's my job. If you took my job, I'd be unemployed, and I'd have to bum money off you to pay rent... but either way, I don't think it's too late for things to change. People grow at different rates. I don't necessarily WANT you to change, but I think you will. If you want to be the way you are for the rest of your life, it is what it is, but the world has this funny way of twisting things the way we never expect."

"After all, you aren't a rock. Rocks don't grow. People do. And last time I checked, you are a people." Will grinned. Too much seriousness at once.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:54 pm

"Will, you don't even pay rent. And no way would I ever lend you the money for it, either. It'd probably end up tucked into someone's underwear." Cal shook his head to get rid of the image, laughing. "It's not really about what I want, you know? It's just...the only way I know how to be. If I woke up tomorrow chasing skirts, I wouldn't know what to do with myself." He shrugged, dragging his feet along in the muddy bed of the lake. "Maybe I'm not a people. Maybe I'm a robot. How would you know?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:22 am

Will frowned. "I have never once put money in someone's underwear. That is entirely below me." In more ways than one, he mused to himself. "Also, you're right. I might actually feel guilty for mooching rent money off you. I would get Izzy and Renee to pitch in as well." Will grinned.

Will pondered what Cal said for a second. "Maybe you're not made to chase skirts? It's possible you could chase pants, too. Or maybe you're just made to be chased. I would stay away from skirts, though, because I do not think they would fit you very well. You have no hips." Will got distracted by the image of Cal in a skirt, but he was able to avoid actually staring down at Cal's insubstantial waist. No need to tell Cal what he was actually thinking about. Will needed to stop thinking about that. Cal was his best friend. What the hell was wrong with him?

"Oh, that's easy. You can't be a robot. You make funny noises when people poke you, and you spend entirely too much time worrying. Robots can't worry."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:17 pm

ELLIE:

Cal shook his head, feeling a grin just beneath the surface but suppressing it. Sometimes conversation with Will was like piling nonsense on even more nonsense, and today was no exception. "I'm pretty sure we'd mutiny before any of us coughed up a single knut," he protested. Besides, a world where people‎ needed to borrow money from him was too backwards to be real.

It wasn't surprising when Will brought up guys, or their pants, at least. A lot of Cal's friends were uptight and touchy about subjects like that, but it just wasn't Will's style to hedge around things. "My only interest in pants is whether mine fit or not." Which they don't, he reminded himself, making a note to write home to see if they could afford a pair or two. "You might be right though. Chasing me seems to be a common hobby."

It would've been hard to catch Cal completely offguard so quickly after the first time, but the skirt comment still dragged a laugh from him. "You caught me too late on that one. How do you think my mom knew what size clothes to buy my sister when she wasn't with us? It's a lot easier to compare us than buy blind. She didn't have hips then, either."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Will raised an eyebrow. "We all know that I'm the only reason this little group got together in the first place, you know." Although it wasn't entirely true, Will decided to try for it. "The only one that would even consider mutiny would be Izzy, and she loves mutiny so much that it wouldn't count for much, I don't think. You could probably make a good case for it, but you're just like that. If you wanted to convince zombies to march on Parliament, you could probably pull it off."

"It's because you're easy to chase, you know. You're almost guaranteed to be uninterested in anyone, and you're never taken. If you pretended to be interested in people every once in a while, you know, you could probably get them to quit following you around." Will knew Cal wouldn't like his suggestion, but it was a completely logical one. Or at least, it followed Will logic, and that was good enough.

Will laughed. "Cal, I think we've found the reason you turned out sexually stunted. Your mother dressed you in skirts all your childhood. That's hard to recover from. Does she happen to have pictures?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:12 am

Ellie:

"Why would I want zombies to march on Parliament? They'd get a lot more done marching on the Ministry, don't you think? Or...they'd have the opportunity to. I'm not sure zombies would actually accomplish anything beyond eating the minister's brain." Cal shrugged, realizing he'd wandered off into Will's random tangent. "And I came to you, not the other way around. You'd only have two friends to mooch rent from if it weren't for me and my problem-solving skills."

Cal took a good, long minute to stand and consider Will's idea, wondering if it held any water. On one hand, it might get some people off his back. On the other, it might give them some speck of hope that he could be won over. "I think I'd fail dramatically at pretending to like someone. How...what even is the process involved? And how would I know who to pretend about? Sounds like more trouble than it's worth."

Cal full-on flinched at the word 'sexual', finger flexing instinctively around his elbows in a closed-off gesture. He was really going to have to work on that. It was one thing to be uncomfortable, but looking like a freak every time the topic came up wasn't fun. "There are definitely pictures, but you'll never lay hands on them. I don't fancy the whole school gawking at my scrawny chicken legs in an A-line, and that's exactly what would happen."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:27 am

Will shrugged. "You're the evil mastermind who is commanding the zombies, not me. I prefer good old-fashioned pranks, not political takeovers." Will was surprised how long Cal was distracted. "You went to me, but it was ultimately my decision," Will teased. It was completely and totally Cal's doing, though. If may have been Will's decision, but with Cal on the other end of things, he never stood a chance. Cal didn't know that, though, he hoped.

Will grinned. Cal was seriously considering this. "Well, I don't have much experience with the pretending bit. I tend to go for whoever I want to go for. I don't ever have to pretend. However, my best guess is that you just pretend to date someone for a while? You might not even have to go that far. You can just blush embarrassingly whenever they ask if you like someone, although you'd have to make sure you let them know it wasn't any of them."

"I would not spread it around," Will said in mock offense. "I would keep that picture all to myself," Will said, batting his eyelashes jokingly.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:26 pm

Cal frowned. It was almost never a good thing for Will to be grinning. Sure, it was nice to see his friends happy, but the things that made Will happy were often things that Cal didn't even want to think about. "Trust me, I know you don't have to pretend. But who would I date? It would have to be someone who knew it wasn't real, right? If not, they'd....they'd try to snog me and all that." Cal's face soured at the prospect. "This is all too messy. Maybe it's just better to let them keep chasing."

Blanching at the thought of Will pocketing a picture of him for his personal perusal, Cal shook his head quickly. "Now what would you need that for? Look, legs," he pointed out, hopping on one foot to lift the other out of the water. "The skirt doesn't change them, you know. Besides, I was like nine."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Will shrugged. "I'm just the one who proposes crazy ideas. You're the one who thinks 'em through, I just come up with them. I am honestly surprised you even THOUGHT about that idea."

Will grinned at Cal's visible discomfort. He seemed mortified by the concept of Will having a picture of little Cal in a skirt. Will had only been teasing, but he was so very tempted to take his joke a bit too far. Instead, he attempted to ruffle Cal's dripping wet hair. "You're funny, you know." No other explanation was necessary, in Will's head.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:14 pm

"I didn't say it was a crazy idea. Crazy is the time you decided we need to find a wife for the giant squid. This one was actually worth thinking about, it's just not worth the trouble. 95% chance of backfire. Not efficient." Cal was all about efficiency. There was no point putting in the work if you weren't going to get enough back to make up for it.

Cal leaned away and quickly tried to flatten his hair back out, which resulted in it hanging, dripping, in front of his eyes. "Can I be funny and dry? This is less fun than I'd pictured and I really want to be clothed again."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Will beamed. "That was a brilliant plan, you know, and it would have failed if the silly string can hadn't exploded on us. Everything was lined up perfectly, and it should have gone well. You didn't like that plan. I still blame you for its failure. You and your bloody efficiency obsession."

Will sighed. "You always want to be dry and boring and clothed." However, he stepped out of the lake, knowing he had pushed Cal enough for one day. "Let's go."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:53 pm

"If it was a brilliant plan, I wouldn't have ended up with that big lump over my eyebrow that wouldn't go down for two weeks. I was loopy for the whole second half, you can't blame me." It wouldn't have been such a disaster if it had been thought through a little more, but Will was too spur of the moment for that and wouldn't look at a single flow chart (which Cal had scribbled on the back of his potions homework...oops). "If you'd stopped for two seconds to think, we wouldn't even have needed the silly string!" Cal knew it was pointless to argue over the whole mess again, especially since it was so far in the past.

"Being dry and clothed is not boring. It's normal." Cal dragged his soggy self up out of the lake (note to Kat: I almost wrote loch here. I am Scottish?), grimacing down at his waterlogged boxers and slightly pruny toes. "Now we're going to drip everywhere. This is really not cute. My boxers are gonna soak through my pants and my hair's going to dry in cowlicks."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Will waved his hand, not paying Cal's protests much mind. "It was a brilliant plan, and we both know it. That was a nice lump, though. Everyone thought you got into a fight or something. I got a laugh out of it.

Will shook his head at Cal's discomfort, laughing. However, then, he realized that his hair was dripping, and he was getting Cal significantly wetter. Of course, that led to him ignoring the rest of what Cal was saying (it sounded like he was whining like an old lady) and proceeded to shake his hair out, splattering water all over Cal's already wet body.

"Boring," Will simply said. With that, he grabbed his clothing, not even bothering to put it back on, and set off towards the castle.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 pm

ELLIE:

‎"I'd have rather gotten into a fight than dealt with that fiasco," Cal admitted, rubbing at the spot where the lump had been. "I didn't need people thinking I was roughing people up in corridors. And I definitely didn't need you running around yelling, 'You should see the other guy!'"

Cal watched in resigned disbelief as Will set off toward the castle, half naked and waterlogged. Sometimes it really struck him as odd that he was supposed to be the one who never changed. Will might not exactly be predictable, but there was no denying that every move he made was 100% classic Will. Sighing, he pulled on the last of his clothes and plodded off after his friend.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:13 pm

TIME SKIP!

Will was wandering around the school. Break had just ended, and people were starting to trickle back into Hogwarts. Although Will could have easily gone home this break, he had decided to stay behind at school, to avoid his parents for a while. It was weird being in the school without all of his friends, but he was able to cause mischief with virtually no consequences when no one else was around to catch him or lecture him.

He had heard word that Cal had just gotten back to school, and he was on a mission to find him. Not seeing Cal in a long time was always weird, but even weirder after some of the revelations he made recently.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:28 pm

ELLIE:

Cal had only just dropped his things off in his dorm, but he abandoned them quickly for the kitchens. Normally he would unpack first, seek out his friends, settle into the routine of Hogwarts. The only problem with that plan was that Call happened to be starving.

It actually turned out quite comforting to sit devouring hot sandwiches and chips among the company of house elves. They were the first beings he'd seen all day that hadn't remarked on how he'd grown or, worse, asked what was wrong when he only mumbled in reply. Between growing pains that made him want to take a hammer to his shins and the storm of troubling discoveries over the break, pretty much everything was wrong with Cal.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   

Back to top Go down

Sunsets and Car Crashes
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next